1. Attend your Community Pancake Breakfast. This is your chance to strut your stuff and chat real estate with members of your community. Remember the two networking tips - no expectations and make it all about them!
Bonus: Most haven't been drinking yet so you can have a coherent conversation!
2. Seek an event with a focus on a cause. Are you vegan? There is a pancake breakfast for you. Enjoy spending time with kids? How about a KidSport event. Are you politically inclined? How about attending the premier's breakfast. Whatever your thing, there is likely an event around it!
3. Attend Realtor Round Up. We text, call, and email all day but rarely do we all get together to have a cocktail and strengthen our connections in the industry. Don't miss the Realtor Round Up! This year the event takes place on July 14th at the Cowboy's Tent.
4. Come away with a story. In a couple of weeks you will hear, "so what did you do for Stampede"? Be prepared for this and come away with a story or two. No no no, this doesn't have to be shenanigans. How about you try the food: World's Hottest Pizza, Unicorn Hot Chocolate, Waffle Taco. Or you checked out the Grandstand Show or a concert. Do something (*safe*) where you can tell the story afterwards.
5. Say Yes to your friends. Friends are going out for a night? Go out with them for a night of fun! Yes, your friends already buy and sell with you but there will certainly be more people for you to meet in the group. Next thing you know, you will be selling your friend's, friend's, friend a house!
Have some fun this year and build those connections! Yee-haw!
Weekly Calgary Real Estate Tips? Yes, Please!